The Terrace In-Person Visitation Policy
The Administrator or the DON will ensure that all staff members adhere to the Visitation Policies and Procedures
- Wear a face mask or other PPE that will be provided for the visitors and perform proper hand hygiene
2. Pass a COVID Screening
3. Sign a consent form stating you understand of the facility’s visitation and infection prevention policies.
4. Visit in a resident’s room or other facility-designated area
5. Maintain social distance of at least six feet with staff and residents and limit movement in the facility.
The following situations will allow in-person visitation:
- End-of-life situations
- A resident who was living with family before being admitted and is struggling with the change in their living environment and family support.
- A resident is making a major medical decision.
- A resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the death of a family member or a friend.
- A resident who needs encouragement to eat or drink was provided by a caregiver or family member.
- A resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking and interacting now.
- A resident or family member will designate an essential caregiver that will be allowed to do in-person visitation
- An essential caregiver will be allowed 2-hour visits on a daily basis.
Hand washing sink is available for all visitors
Door knobs, handrails, and restrooms are disinfected several times daily.
Hand sanitation stations are located throughout the facility.
Visiting areas are cleaned and disinfected between visitors.
I understand and agree to follow the facility’s visitation and infection prevention
Effective Date: May 6, 2022